[Scribus] Problems with building Scribus/OS X

Kevin Walzer kevin
Sat Dec 27 04:10:27 CET 2003

Well, since I've griped in the past about not having a native version
of Scribus on OS X (not X11-Fink),  I thought I'd at least see if I
could get it to build. I downloaded the current QT for Mac and the
current 1.1.4 source of Scribus.

Couldn't get it to run because Scribus didn't see QT in my OS X
environment. Here's the output:

checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt)
not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

Weird. I have the env for QT correctly set. I don't think there should
be a conflict with my Fink/X11 installation of QT. Can anyone offer
advice?

---

Kevin Walzer, Ph.D.
Editor
WordTech Communications -- A New Paradigm of Poetry
http://www.wordtechcommunications.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:kevin at wordtechweb.com