[Scribus] Problems with building Scribus/OS X

Magic Page magicpage91
Tue Dec 30 04:26:18 CET 2003

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> Well, since I've griped in the past about not having a native version of
> Scribus on OS X (not X11-Fink),  I thought I'd at least see if I could
> get it to build. I downloaded the current QT for Mac and the current
> 1.1.4 source of Scribus.
>
> Couldn't get it to run because Scribus didn't see QT in my OS X
> environment. Here's the output:
>
> checking for libjpeg6b... no
> checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
>
> Weird. I have the env for QT correctly set. I don't think there should
> be a conflict with my Fink/X11 installation of QT. Can anyone offer advice?
>
> ---
>
> Kevin
==============================

Kevin,
Not sure with the Mac, as I have not gotten to play with the new OS X
stuff, but if you are compiling using a shell as we do in Linux, then
set the path to your QT there.

Our steps are usually this:
export QTDIR=/path/to/QT

This only works while in that shell, not in all other opened
shells/konsoles.  If you close that konsole/shell, then you will have to
issue the command again.

Hope that is helpful to you.

Patrick
--