[Scribus] Problems displaying chinese characters

Vladimir Zborowski vladimir.zborowski
Mon Dec 8 20:58:34 CET 2003

Hi all,
I can't manage to display chinese characters with Scribus 1.1.3.
I have Freetype2 properly installed (according to the ./configure
summary), and the importation in utf-8 seems to be fine also : when I
right-click to edit the text, it displays correctly, but in the text
frame in the document, it appears as empty squares, and the printed
result and the preview are empty. I don't think it's a font related
problem, as they work fine with OpenOffice, etc.
I imagine there is something obvious I missed.
Thanx in advance for your help,
Best regards,
Vlad