[Scribus] Installing Scribus 1.0.1 on Knoppix 3.2: Setting for QTDIR?

Paul paulf.johnson
Sat Aug 30 20:08:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

> >From "Compiling Scribus for the First Time":
> "The important thing to note is the QTDIR variable which points at the
> directory where Qt and its libraries are located. "
> So, can someone please tell me what QTDIR should be set to? I know this varies
> from system to system, but what should the QTDIR directory contain? If I know
> that, I can find it on my system and set QTDIR accordingly.

In either /etc/bashrc (systemwide) or .bashrc (local user).

Qt is normally in /usr/libs and /usr/include unless you've compiled it
yourself from source from the Trolltech site, inwhich case, it's in
/usr/local/qt

Assuming it's a preinstalled version...

QTDIR=/usr
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

if it's a roll your own, then you'll find full instructions in the
Trolltech Qt tarball.

TTFN

Paul

--