[Scribus] Installing Scribus 1.0.1 on Knoppix 3.2: Setting for QTDIR?

Patrick magicpage91
Sat Aug 30 20:40:30 CEST 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:08:09 +0100
Paul <paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > >From "Compiling Scribus for the First Time":
> > "The important thing to note is the QTDIR variable which points at
> > the directory where Qt and its libraries are located. "
> > So, can someone please tell me what QTDIR should be set to? I know
> > this varies from system to system, but what should the QTDIR
> > directory contain? If I know that, I can find it on my system and
> > set QTDIR accordingly.
>
> In either /etc/bashrc (systemwide) or .bashrc (local user).
>
> Qt is normally in /usr/libs and /usr/include unless you've compiled it
> yourself from source from the Trolltech site, inwhich case, it's in
> /usr/local/qt
>
> Assuming it's a preinstalled version...
>
> QTDIR=/usr
> PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export QTDIR PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> if it's a roll your own, then you'll find full instructions in the
> Trolltech Qt tarball.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
========================

Or you could just issue the command in the shell you are compiling in
for a quick hit.  export QTDIR=/path/to/qt3 or qt

I suspect though that your QT might not be up to the required version
needed to compile the newer Scribus.  I don't remember what version of
QT that Knoppix came with and Scribus 0.9.10 didn't require too new a
version of QT, as well as the fact that the Knoppix folks could have
compiled it special for their version.

To find where your directory is, issue the command:  whereis qt or qt3
Once located, you can add that to your export command.  Remember also
that the quick method only works in the shell session you issued the
command and will have to be redone in a new shell.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206