[Scribus] Installing Scribus 1.0.1 on Knoppix 3.2: Setting for QTDIR?

Cormac McClean cmcclean
Thu Aug 28 13:44:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm running Knoppix 3.2 which has Scribus 0.9.10 installed. I'd like to update
to the most recent version of Scribus, 1.0.1. I have tried to install it from
source, but when I run configure, I get the following error:
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (headers and libraries)
not found. Please check your installation!

Knoppix comes with Scribus preinstalled, so I expect that I have the required
QT libraries, and that the problem is to do with the QTDIR and ld.so.conf
settings. (I have the read the online instructions for installing Scribus).