[Scribus] Problems with Scribus.

Bill Carini crisbill
Fri Aug 22 06:39:34 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 06:18:09PM +0100, Paul wrote:

> > 4. When the fonts did show up, they looked on screen as if the tracking
> > were REALLY cramming the characters together. Wasn't sure if that was
> > just a display setting or what, but it doesn't do that on other apps on
> > this box (KWord, etc).
>
> Not seen that one, but you can alter the spacing and gap between the
> text.

I think this was discussed on the list a couple of months ago.

I have the same problem. The characters are squished together on the display,
but they look fine when printed (see attached screenshots). So don't alter
the spacing until you see how the printed page or PDF looks. I was hoping that
upgrading to Qt 3.2 would solve this problem, but it hasn't.

I think someone said that this is an XFree issue. Any ideas for making
the display more closely resemble the printout?

--Bill Carini

This email was brought to you by the Mutt E-Mail Client (www.mutt.org)
and Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)

Use GnuPG for confidential email. (www.gnupg.org)