[Scribus] Problems with Scribus.

Paul paulf.johnson
Thu Aug 21 19:18:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

> 1. Scribus has been known on the system to crash unexpectedly.
> Can't recall what the console reported, but I guess I wanted to see if
> Scribus happens to write errors to a /var/log/error_log_of_some_sort.

Nope. Unless you run it from the console, you don't get any bug reports.
Without knowing the error, it's impossible to know what caused the
crash.

> 2. When I work in Scribus, fonts don't show up.

Have you followed the guides on the Scribus documentation site?

> 3. Couldn't find where I could adjust text vertically within a text box.
> Is this capable of being done in Scribus?

Not currently.

> 4. When the fonts did show up, they looked on screen as if the tracking
> were REALLY cramming the characters together. Wasn't sure if that was
> just a display setting or what, but it doesn't do that on other apps on
> this box (KWord, etc).

Not seen that one, but you can alter the spacing and gap between the
text.

> Any ideas?

Without knowing more on (1) and if you've followed my recommendations on
(2), then not really, sorry.

TTFN

Paul

--