[Scribus] Problems with Scribus.

Chris Wagner ismgr
Thu Aug 21 18:14:30 CEST 2003

I am having several issues with Scribus that vary in priority.

Yellow Dog Linux 3.0
Scribus 1.0.1
QT-3.1.1-6

1. Scribus has been known on the system to crash unexpectedly.
Can't recall what the console reported, but I guess I wanted to see if
Scribus happens to write errors to a /var/log/error_log_of_some_sort.

2. When I work in Scribus, fonts don't show up.
This was a new anomolie. I can create a text box, type, and nothing
shows in the box. Try to change the color and it says it's set to the
default black. Can't recall when it started doing this, but this machine
has xfs pointing to several directories for truetype fonts. Is there a
known issue with Scribus and TTF?

3. Couldn't find where I could adjust text vertically within a text box.
Is this capable of being done in Scribus?

4. When the fonts did show up, they looked on screen as if the tracking
were REALLY cramming the characters together. Wasn't sure if that was
just a display setting or what, but it doesn't do that on other apps on
this box (KWord, etc).

I would recompile Scribus except that it took forever on this box
(PM6500 with 128MB).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris