[Scribus] Newbie font-question

Martin Costabel costabel
Tue Aug 19 21:38:45 CEST 2003

Ralf H?ling wrote:
> Hi Peter!
> Am Dienstag, 19.08.03, um 07:29 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Peter Linnell:
[]
>> 1. While we really do appreciate the folks who have done the porting

That would be me, I guess. Unfortunately, I know nothing about font
management, either in X11 or in MacOS. I don't have any private fonts
installed, and the ghostscript and Apple system fonts seem to work in
scribus.

>> work for Scribus, none of the main developers runs or test OSX on their
>> own.
>
> This is a pity for them and for me, I think ;-)

I have the Fink packages x-ghostscript-fonts and applesystemfonts
installed. These packages create directories
/sw/lib/X11/fonts/{ghostscript,applettf} that are populated with
symlinks to the right font files and all the other necessary stuff. In
particular, fonts.dir and fonts.scale files are generated. Scribus seems
to find them OK.

You might want to have a look at the applesystemfonts-*.info file for an
idea what to do with your own fonts.

There are a couple of other Fink packages containing fonts. I haven't
tried them, but I suppose they will be doing the right thing, too, to be
recognized by Scribus.

--
Martin