[Scribus] Bugs found

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Tue Aug 12 01:15:03 CEST 2003

Patrick wrote:
> Bugs & more bugs,
>
> A couple of these I have noticed being around for a long time and I
> think I remember one other being mentioned by someone else before on
> this list.
>
> 1)  The "Save" icon and save in the menu do not seem to be working
> correctly. Upon creating a new doc, shouldn't the "save" icon become
> available? The "save" selection in the File>Save menu is ghosted as
> well.  Normally in other programs if the document is new and has never
> been saved, the save selection gives the user an opportunity to name the
> file and save it. This may be your intention though, because I notice
> that editing a saved document makes the save button and save in the menu
> appear.
The "Save" icon and save in the menu are only available if the Document has
a name, that is when it's a reopend old Document. To save a Document the
first time use "Save as..." from the File Menu. This is the way most Mac
Programs handle it. Maybe it should be changed.

> 2)  When adding text to a text box and changing the alignment, it seems
> only the top line realigns according to your selection and the other
> text remains in the previous alignment.  I usually have to change the
> alignment line by line to get it to work correctly.  This is an old bug.
The alignemt is only changed per paragraph, Returns seperate Paragraphs,
maybe you have a return after every line.

> 3)  It seems the special characters are not displayed correctly.  By
> special characters, I mean like an ? or ?.  It displays in caps like
> this:  ? or ? instead.  This problem, I believe, was mentioned by
> someone else in an earlier version of Scribus.
This issue is not found on my System at home, but I think thats introduced
by newer Version of XFree, currently I'm working on a solution.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid