[Scribus] Bugs found

Patrick magicpage91
Tue Aug 12 02:54:53 CEST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:15:03 +0200
Franz Schmid <Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

> Patrick wrote:
> > Bugs & more bugs,
>
> The "Save" icon and save in the menu are only available if the
> Document has a name, that is when it's a reopend old Document. To save
> a Document the first time use "Save as..." from the File Menu. This is
> the way most Mac Programs handle it. Maybe it should be changed.
> ===============
Ok, haven't used a Mac in quite sometime, so was unaware of such
behavior.  Although different than most others in Linux, it's something
I could get used too.  Don't change it just for me then, I can adjust.
See if you get other reports, before considering a change.
--------------

> The alignemt is only changed per paragraph, Returns seperate
> Paragraphs, maybe you have a return after every line.
> -----=============
And why would it work only on a paragraph and not all selected text?
That too is odd from every other program I have used.  Is that a Mac
trait as well?  And yes, these were separate lines of text with returns.
-------------

> > 3)  It seems the special characters are not displayed correctly.  By
> > special characters, I mean like an ? or ?.  It displays in caps like
> > this:  ? or ? instead.  This problem, I believe, was mentioned by
> > someone else in an earlier version of Scribus.
> This issue is not found on my System at home, but I think thats
> introduced by newer Version of XFree, currently I'm working on a
> solution.
>
> Best Regards,
> Franz Schmid

It does print out correctly, so this is a minor problem I suppose as far
as the display works.

Regards & thanks,
Patrick
--