[Scribus] Bugs found

Patrick magicpage91
Mon Aug 11 19:53:44 CEST 2003

Bugs & more bugs,

A couple of these I have noticed being around for a long time and I
think I remember one other being mentioned by someone else before on
this list.

1)  The "Save" icon and save in the menu do not seem to be working
correctly. Upon creating a new doc, shouldn't the "save" icon become
available? The "save" selection in the File>Save menu is ghosted as
well.  Normally in other programs if the document is new and has never
been saved, the save selection gives the user an opportunity to name the
file and save it. This may be your intention though, because I notice
that editing a saved document makes the save button and save in the menu
appear.

2)  When adding text to a text box and changing the alignment, it seems
only the top line realigns according to your selection and the other
text remains in the previous alignment.  I usually have to change the
alignment line by line to get it to work correctly.  This is an old bug.

3)  It seems the special characters are not displayed correctly.  By
special characters, I mean like an ? or ?.  It displays in caps like
this:  ? or ? instead.  This problem, I believe, was mentioned by
someone else in an earlier version of Scribus.

Regards,
Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---