[Scribus] PDF Doc Display Unreadable

Sjoerd Hiemstra shiems.scribusML
Mon Aug 11 22:43:09 CEST 2003

Marshall Lake wrote:
> I have one more question [...] some letters are overlapping other
> letters and the spacing is off at times.  The document prints fine
> under Acrobat, and it displays fine under Scribus.  I'm using the
> Avantgarde Book and Avantgarde Demibold fonts.
>
> What could be causing this display oddity under Acrobat?

I do not have Avantgarde installed, but I do have Gothic Medium and
Gothic Semibold (showing up as 'URW Gothic' etc. in the font dialog)
which look precisely the same, and they look fine in Acrobat Reader,
in a pdf created by Scribus.

I wonder if it helps if you embed the font in the pdf?

If Avantgarde is a truetype font, well, some of them behave a little
quirky. I once successfully converted such a font into a Type 1 font
using ttf2pt1, and all was well.

Or, you could try the Gothic fonts instead.

That's about all I can think of... maybe someone else has something
better to say?

SH