[Scribus] PDF Doc Display Unreadable

Marshall Lake mlake
Mon Aug 11 14:17:48 CEST 2003

> > The display using Acrobat shows a checkerboard background pattern
> > making it very difficult to read the text.  The document prints fine
> > using Acrobat.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

> I would not call it 'wrong' but you can get back to normal by going to
> Edit > Preferences > General (in Acrobat Reader) and uncheck 'Display
> Transparency Grid'.

I appreciate your help.  As is apparent I am new to Acrobat Reader.  I
have one more question ....

Now that I can see the Acrobat display properly some letters are
overlapping other letters and the spacing is off at times.  The document
prints fine under Acrobat, and it displays fine under Scribus.  I'm using
the Avantgarde Book and Avantgarde Demibold fonts.

What could be causing this display oddity under Acrobat?

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake at mlake.net -- http://mlake.net