[Scribus] More Questions

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Thu Aug 7 18:24:32 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 22:02, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > On the newspaper, take your cues from those already available and
> > improve upon those things you think could be better.
>
> I'm responsable for a paper that runs on MacOS 9 boxes with QuarkXPress
> 4, and I can tell you for sure that that's definitely not problem free.

Quark 4 was excessively crashy from day one. Quark was aware of this and
released anyway. The problem did not go away until nearly two years
later with the release of XPress 4.1. Upgrading just that far would save
you loads of headaches.

As for Scribus on LTSP machines or remoteX, that sounds like a real
winner with the right network. VNC might be even better if you've
already got a large collection of Windows machines. The advantage of
remoteX is that newer X servers can pass everything through SSH for
security. Punch that out of LAN via IPsec and even your travelling
correspondants can get their work in on time from anywhere in the world!
:)