[Scribus] Summary of the Documentation-Thread from yesterday

P Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Aug 6 23:31:01 CEST 2003

ma han a ?crit :
<snip>

> > The most important new docs are quick start guide
> > for those unfamiliar with
> > Scribus  or DTP and the drawing tools.
> >
> Yes, yes, yes, give us a newbie tutorial first so we
> can translate it into our native languages.  This is
> badly needed, as many people (even on this list) ask
> the same simple questions over and over again. I'm not
> talking about a full sized meal, this is about an
> incentive for those still uncertain to let them have
> their first DTP success and encourage them to go for
> more.

Good news.  I got inspired and re-wrote for the third time a draft of a
quick start guide. It is so damn hot here in France, you want to avoid
being the sun during the day - and I'm in the coolest part, Brittany.

Honestly, this has been one of the more difficult pieces to write. I do
not like to talk down to the reader and what to add and what to skip is
tricky. I'll post the draft for comments without screen shots a soon as
I get it typed.

I'll be home next week and will have it ready to go the end of the week.

Regards,

Peter