[Scribus] Summary of the Documentation-Thread from yesterday

ma han ma_han2000
Wed Aug 6 15:25:30 CEST 2003

 --- P Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com>
schrieb: > Thomas Zastrow a ?crit :

> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > so. just let me summarize the documentation-Thread
> from yesterday.
> >
> > There are two possible tasks for me to do:
> >
> > - Traslation of Peter's page into german
> > - Make some more complex Tutorials etc.
> >
> > What is more important and should be done first?
>
> 1. Translation - definitely first.

Votum separatum - I cannot agree with this. The german
translation would keep Thomas busy for weeks, without
bringing something essantially  new, since English is
very widespread in Germany and here in Austria.

> 2. We can collaborate on more tutorials.
>
> The most important new docs are quick start guide
> for those unfamiliar with
> Scribus  or DTP and the drawing tools.

Yes, yes, yes, give us a newbie tutorial first so we
can translate it into our native languages.  This is
badly needed, as many people (even on this list) ask
the same simple questions over and over again. I'm not
talking about a full sized meal, this is about an
incentive for those still uncertain to let them have
their first DTP success and encourage them to go for
more.

best regards
Maciej Hanski