[Scribus] Summary of the Documentation-Thread from yesterday

Thomas Zastrow chef
Wed Aug 6 23:41:45 CEST 2003

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 23:31:01 +0200
P Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com> wrote:

> ma han a ?crit :
> <snip>
>

> > > The most important new docs are quick start guide
> > > for those unfamiliar with
> > > Scribus  or DTP and the drawing tools.
> > >
> > Yes, yes, yes, give us a newbie tutorial first so we
> > can translate it into our native languages.  This is
> > badly needed, as many people (even on this list) ask
> > the same simple questions over and over again. I'm not
> > talking about a full sized meal, this is about an
> > incentive for those still uncertain to let them have
> > their first DTP success and encourage them to go for
> > more.
>
> Good news.  I got inspired and re-wrote for the third time a draft of a
> quick start guide. It is so damn hot here in France, you want to avoid
> being the sun during the day - and I'm in the coolest part, Brittany.

Huh, don't ask me for the temperature around me this moment ... and it's nearly midnight now ....

> Honestly, this has been one of the more difficult pieces to write. I do
> not like to talk down to the reader and what to add and what to skip is
> tricky. I'll post the draft for comments without screen shots a soon as
> I get it typed.

OK. It seems so that more people are heading out for some good tutorials than for a german translation of your website. I've just started thinking about how this can be done, perhaps we can join our ideas!

> I'll be home next week and will have it ready to go the end of the week.

Good, and enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Greetings,

Tom