[Scribus] Installing on Gentoo.

Thorsten Becker scribus
Wed Aug 6 17:47:40 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 5. August 2003 21:25 schrieb John Culleton:

> The good news is that Gentoo has all up to date libraries and it will
> compile there.
>
> The bad news is that whereas .8 version will emerge and compile the
> 1.0 version will not emerge because the distribution is "masked."
> (What does masked mean? Good question. I suspect it has something to
> do with a different download site than .8 but that is just my guess.)

A bit off-Topic here, but as other gentoo-users may come across this thread in
the archives:
Scribus 1.0 is masked because it is not yet considered "stable" by the
gentoo-team.
You can add
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
to your /etc/make.conf
and then you should be able to compile it "the gentoo way".
If you have tested it, you can go to stable.gentoo.org and tell them that it
compiles fine and it runs fine (if it does). That might help to get it
unmasked sooner.

Thorsten