[Scribus] Re: Scribus Nachrichtensammlung, Band 6, Eintrag 6

Paul paulf.johnson
Tue Aug 5 22:54:57 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I know this is not a scribus issue per se, but this affects everybody in
> the Linux Community.

No it doesn't. SCO are scare mongering. A recent poll showed almost 3/4
of linux bods are completely ignoring it.

> 1.  SCO wants $699 per CPU for a license

No chance. They have not given 1 single shred of evidence as to the IP
that has supposed to be used. Redhat are currently persuing this through
the courts.

> 2.  This is until October 15, then jumps to $1399 per CPU

Ha!

> 3.  They "WILL" sue the end users of Linux who don't buy a license

On what grounds? Hear say?

> 4.  IBM and SCO's lawsuit has a court date for April 2005

Until which time, they can try it on, but as it has not been proven, no
one has to pay a bean. If they do, then SCO lays themselves open to
claims of extortion.

> 6.  Stated that they will not publicly disclose the "infringing code"

Of course they won't - it either doesn't exist or as soon as they do,
someone will re-write it.

SCO don't have a leg to stand on over this. The only way they can fight
it is down to the mega bucks from M$.

TTFN

Paul
--