[Scribus] Re: Scribus Nachrichtensammlung, Band 6, Eintrag 6

Marvin Dickens mpdickens
Tue Aug 5 22:34:36 CEST 2003

I know this is not a scribus issue per se, but this affects everybody in
the Linux Community.
Anyway, The following are the highlights from the worldwide SCO/Reseller
confrence call
today. Please note that I am not a SCO reseller (And would never
be....), but this information
was give to me by someone who works for a company who is:

A few highlights:

1.  SCO wants $699 per CPU for a license
2.  This is until October 15, then jumps to $1399 per CPU
3.  They "WILL" sue the end users of Linux who don't buy a license
4.  IBM and SCO's lawsuit has a court date for April 2005
5.  Redhat and SCO's lawsuit would follow shortly afterwards.
6.  Stated that they will not publicly disclose the "infringing code"

The only thing I can figure is that crack usage must be on the rise in
Salt Lake City,
Utah...

Best regards

Marvin Dickens