[Scribus] Pagemaker - initial thoughts

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Tue Aug 5 00:39:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Monday 04 August 2003 10:02 pm, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

> From what I can see, the files are the usual bloated crap that you get
> with a Windows package. The text is easy to find. Images are embedded
> into the document (held on the local hard drive rather than the in the
> doc). I can't quite see the placement instructions, but that will come
> with time.

Images can be embedded in the doc, or stored on the drive; they're
automatically embedded if less than a threshold size (256k IIRC), otherwise
the user gets the option.

> That said, from what I have in front of me, the format doesn't seem to
> have changed from v5 to 6.5, so it's a one size fits all.

If you like to send me a small-ish 6.5 doc, I could load it into 7 and save it
out again as a V7 doc (.pmd).

> These are my initial observations on the file structure - I'll look some
> more into the structure though and see what I can turn up.

Best of luck :)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

The RailTrack virus: Runs your clock half an hour late!