[Scribus] Pagemaker - initial thoughts

Paul paulf.johnson
Mon Aug 4 23:02:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

I really must thank one of the readers on here who has been emailing me
with files and pdfs of PM6.5 files. Much appreciated.

>From what I can see, the files are the usual bloated crap that you get
with a Windows package. The text is easy to find. Images are embedded
into the document (held on the local hard drive rather than the in the
doc). I can't quite see the placement instructions, but that will come
with time.

>From what I can see, there are a couple of big problems

1. Formatting (font size, justification etc)
2. Placement of images

That said, from what I have in front of me, the format doesn't seem to
have changed from v5 to 6.5, so it's a one size fits all.

These are my initial observations on the file structure - I'll look some
more into the structure though and see what I can turn up.

TTFN

Paul
--
One OS to fool them all