[Scribus] Pagemaker - initial thoughts

Paul paulf.johnson
Tue Aug 5 09:08:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Images can be embedded in the doc, or stored on the drive; they're
> automatically embedded if less than a threshold size (256k IIRC), otherwise
> the user gets the option.

Right. Does the threshold level exist as a compound threshold (i.e. if
there are 4 pics, each at 50K then they are all embedded) or is it a per
pic threshold?

> > These are my initial observations on the file structure - I'll look some
> > more into the structure though and see what I can turn up.
>
> Best of luck :)

Thanks.

One fun thing is that they don't seem to recognise internationalisation!
In one of the files, there is a Unicode part with an English version as
well! What a waste of space!!!!

TTFN

Paul
--