[Scribus] small bug in 0.9.9

Magic Page magicpage91
Sun Apr 27 18:33:04 CEST 2003

fsanta wrote:

>  On Sunday 27 April 2003 05:10, Magic Page wrote:
>
> > Subash Jeyan wrote:
> >
> >> hi,

> >> yes, the same behaviour happens here too. also, repeat the cut
> >> and paste process again, and on the third time or so scribus
> >> crashes with a seg fault. the exact error message on the console:
> >>

> >> QGList::locate: Index 4 out of range Segmentation fault
> >>

> >> regards, subash.
> >
> > ***************************
> >
> > I too get this same behavior, except for the crash Subash speaks of
> > on his machine. I basically get the font type coding throughout
> > the next box. Don't know if that is what you mean by the xml code,
> > but it is certainly not the text I cut from the previous text box!
> >
> > Very pleased for the most part with the developer's efforts and
> > look forward to seeing continued improvements. It will be nice to
> > see a comparable product available to the Linux users. Don't know
> > if PageStream is any closer to being useful yet, but we may not
> > need it with the progress Scribus is making now.
> >
> > Patrick
> >

>  Can't reproduce the error here. Works fine with SuSE 8.1
>
>  BTW is this useful information for the developers? It's just that I
>  don't want them to break it when it works on one distro. Could the
>  problem be rather with the installation on other distros?

***********************

This is a good point Steve!  As I am running SuSE 8.2 now with newer
glibc, gcc, KDE and QT, some things may affect me that wouldn't on your
setup now.  Although, I don't know that there would be that many differences
in the way the program behaves as we usually compile the program to our own
systems.

My version and build of the program is 0.9.9 and F.C.C.T and yes, Paul,
if you would
like to use some of us as guinea pigs, making available the latest
builds for us to
compile would give you better overall feedback.  Not only from each of
us, but
should allow you an idea how the different linux distros behave with the
program.
Although, certainly the CVS would keep us on the bleeding edge, I am not
sure I
want to invest sensitive work to it.  ;-)

Patrick