[scribus-dev] couple of questions

dockattt katttdoc at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:41:02 UTC 2017

hi,

I've been doing some scribus programming and have 2 questions:

#1 Where do you send patches?   Fixes and new code.

#2 This has to do with some of the python code.   I'm looking at 5.2
code.   I've noticed that in cmdobj the function scribus_newtext does
not create the text frame like it did in the 4 series.   These parameters:

     pageUnitXToDocX(x),
     pageUnitYToDocY(y),
     ValueToPoint(w),
     ValueToPoint(h),

aren't working right.   In something I'm writing if I use:

                           x + m_doc->currentPage()->xOffset(),
                           y + m_doc->currentPage()->yOffset(),
                           w,

for the parameters everything seems ok.   The m_doc is taken from
ScCore->primaryMainWindow().  Something is different or something is
wrong.   I'm not sure which it is.

thanks!

doc kattt