[scribus-dev] 1.5.3 Screenshot displaying the new text rendering capabilities needed

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri May 12 06:37:05 UTC 2017

Hi Scribus users and testers,

I'm about to complete an article on Scribus 1.5.3 for a magazine. To demonstrate the new text layout features, I'd need a screenshot of a layout in a non-European language/script, like Hindi/Devanagari, Thai, Malayalam or something similar. I don't want to use Arabaic or Hebrew, because the readers will be somehow familiar with these writing systems, even though they are unlikely to be able to read them. What is needed is an example of a writing system most Europeans are totally unfamiliar with.

Ideally it wouldn't just be a rendering example but a screenshot of a real-world layout.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Christoph