[scribus-dev] couple of questions

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Mon May 22 19:15:22 UTC 2017

Hi

I've been doing some scribus programming and have 2 questions:

> #1 Where do you send patches?   Fixes and new code.

Attach patches to feature requests on bugs.scribus.net

> #2 This has to do with some of the python code.   I'm looking at 5.2 code.   I've noticed that in cmdobj the function scribus_newtext does not create the text frame like it did in the 4 series.   These parameters:
>
>    pageUnitXToDocX(x),
>    pageUnitYToDocY(y),
>    ValueToPoint(w),
>    ValueToPoint(h),
>
> aren't working right.   In something I'm writing if I use:
>
>                          x + m_doc->currentPage()->xOffset(),
>                          y + m_doc->currentPage()->yOffset(),
>                          w,
>

> for the parameters everything seems ok.   The m_doc is taken from ScCore->primaryMainWindow().  Something is different or something is wrong.   I'm not sure which it is.

I’m missing context here. How are they not working right? Try using x,y,w,h in points to ensure there is no conversion issue there.

Are you actually coding in the main code, in the scripter plugin or writing a python script?

thanks