[scribus-dev] The vertical distance between the first line and the first character

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Nov 8 21:00:29 UTC 2015

On 11/08/2015 12:42 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi greg
>
>>> Sorry I did not get it
>>> How I can undo adjust an image frame to align text in text frame?
>>>

>> I was using image frames as an analogy.
>> The point is, why would I want to center text vertically, then adjust
>> the frame height to text? What would be the design goal? What should
>> Scribus's expected behavior be?
>>
>> Sometimes users need to realize they've made a mistake, and not have
>> unrealistic expectations about the software.
>
> at first sight i agree: it does not make sense...
>
> but, if look at the way i'm currently adjusting the
> size of the frame for the top aligned frames, i can think that i would
> want to do it also for bottom aligned frames (which i don't use, but i
> might use in the future, if the fact that this feature exists then
> crosses my mind at the right time... :-)
>
> now, if i would be into vertical centered frames, i think that i
> also would want to resize the frame, when i'm done with the first
> filling of the frame in that case, too.
> i don't think that such a formatting fits any of my personal
> needs, so i have a hard time to tell if it's something that might be
> useful for other people.
> but i can think that it can be...

Perhaps so, but sometimes it would be better for those considering
reporting a bug to come to the list and say,

"Here is what I am trying to do. I do this, then this, and this is what
I end up with."

In many cases, we can fix the problem by recommending a more efficient
and better method. At the least we may be able to refine the problem to
understand where the bug is.