[scribus-dev] The vertical distance between the first line and the first character

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Nov 8 17:42:38 UTC 2015

hi greg

> > Sorry I did not get it
> > How I can undo adjust an image frame to align text in text frame?
> >

> I was using image frames as an analogy.
> The point is, why would I want to center text vertically, then adjust
> the frame height to text? What would be the design goal? What should
> Scribus's expected behavior be?
>
> Sometimes users need to realize they've made a mistake, and not have
> unrealistic expectations about the software.

at first sight i agree: it does not make sense...

but, if look at the way i'm currently adjusting the
size of the frame for the top aligned frames, i can think that i would
want to do it also for bottom aligned frames (which i don't use, but i
might use in the future, if the fact that this feature exists then
crosses my mind at the right time... :-)

now, if i would be into vertical centered frames, i think that i
also would want to resize the frame, when i'm done with the first
filling of the frame in that case, too.
i don't think that such a formatting fits any of my personal
needs, so i have a hard time to tell if it's something that might be
useful for other people.
but i can think that it can be...

ciao
a.l.e