[scribus-dev] Dear Oman team

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:56:47 UTC 2015

> From: cbradney at scribus.info
> Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 09:54:38 +0100
> To: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus-dev] Dear Oman team
>

> > On 01 Nov 2015, at 06:22, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:

> >> I agree with JLuc, by doing this it saves precious volunteer time for
> >> anyone involved that works with the patch.
> >
> > Do you have examples of untested patches being sent? AFAIK, all patches
> > are tested or otherwise how the contributor knows it fixed the issue. Or
> > may be I misunderstood the kind of testing needed?
>

> See my comments on bug #6230. Its not the only one. Its also not a big deal but it would be nice to know that someone else has a) reviewed the issue b) reviewed the patch and c) confirmed its fixed the issue. Like a buddy system, pair up contributors to add value.

In some projects, contributors sometimes send a note to the dev mailing list when they submit a completed patch, which allows anyone who knows how to build the application from source to test and make non-binding reviews, which can take some of the load off the committing developers.
Regards, William