[scribus-dev] Dear Oman team

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Nov 1 14:11:39 UTC 2015

Le 01/11/2015 06:22, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> Do you have examples of untested patches being sent? AFAIK, all patches
> are tested or otherwise how the contributor knows it fixed the issue. Or
> may be I misunderstood the kind of testing needed?

Well i've recently compiled and tested 2 patches that revealed wrong
and the patche's issues were triggered in simple situations.

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12195
The patch leads to erratic zoom changes for low values of zoom.

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11365
The patch improves the issue and also improves the UX,
but some issue remain when deleting 2 guides.

These issues are originaly why i wished to remember the students
to this universal cooperating principle : test before submitting.

Sometimes, a good test requires to first
get the head "out of the code can"
so as to get wider and more user-natural approach.

Asking a colleague to test is a good alternative,
because an independent tester might find errors
that the developer never thought about.

Sincerly...
and keep up the good work !

JLuc