[scribus-dev] Open WG on Complex Text Layout

Silvain Dupertuis silvain-dupertuis at bluewin.ch
Sun Jun 14 17:46:51 UTC 2015

Dear Andreas,

I am happy to see ScribusCTL progressing, and I am willing to provide some help in Scribus
CTL projectabout Lao script / language.

I do not have the capacity to work on development.
But I an happy to give feedback and information and provide examples to do testing on *Lao
script and fonts*.

I have worked intensively on the use of Lao fonts using different OS and software
(including creating the first ever Lao font - Saysettha - as a PS font in the old times of
text-only interfaces...).
Even the professional Adobe Indesign is unable to use Lao OT fonts correctly (only one
type of them works fine)... when they all work in Microsoft Office, LibreOffice on Windows
and Linux, etc...

I also have some knowledge in the Thai script, which is closely related to Lao.

/Silvain Dupertuis/

--
Silvain Dupertuis
Route de Lausanne 335