[scribus-dev] Where in the source code can one tweek UI colors?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jun 11 06:03:47 UTC 2015

hi kunda

> > It seems that if someone had the skills to "tweak" these things,
> > they would have the skills to find them on their own...
> >
> > Greg
> >

> It would seem...though could you not imagine other permutations of the
> scenario instead of an either/or model ?
> For example, a person who doesn't know where these items are located
> in the Scribus source code (which is not a small project) but can
> edit code, patch and build from source.

generally speaking, the best way for changing small things in the
scribus code is too grep (search inside of files) for the string you
see in the UI and then walk back until you find where they are defined.

for some of the changes you want to see in scribus, the best way to
change them is to modify the theme provided by your window manager (or
system)

they have settings for all those colors.

but, since now we can change the icons set, i guess that the place
where those are placed could also contain an ini/xml file defining
default values for all the colors used for the UI.

a nice easy task for somebody wanting to start working on scribus :-)

ciao
a.l.e