[scribus-dev] GSOC 2015

Terry Burton tez at terryburton.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 15:37:15 UTC 2015

On 14 February 2015 at 07:49, "Christoph Schäfer"
<christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Februar 2015 um 11:38 Uhr
>> Von: "Terry Burton" <tez at terryburton.co.uk>
>> Betreff: Re: [scribus-dev] GSOC 2015
>>
>> On 12 February 2015 at 19:16, Kunda Loves Scribus
>> <scribus.user at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > GSOC is underway calling to mentoring organizations to register. I was
>> > wondering if this year we could submit an application? to make it simple we
>> > could just focus on some low maintenance specific needs: (here is my list)
>> >
>> > * UI/UX improvements
>> > * RTL/CJK
>> > * Relaunch Scribus Website
>> > * Windows MSI installer (So windows testers can use 1.5svn)
>>
>> Craig mentioned refreshing the barcode generator plugin recently which
>> we have identified as a GSoC target in the past.
>>
>> We have the following task list that might form a basis for a GSoC
>> project. Please feel free to update it with recent requirements:
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Barcode_Plugin_Development
>>
>> I have no experience of Qt programming but would be happy to assist a
>> member of the core with being a mentor for this if they are happy to
>> provide input on code quality, etc.
>>
>> Terry
>
> Thank you, Terry!
>
> I think the task list is worth a GSoC project. If you could agree to be the major mentor and Craig, Jean, Andreas or Franz would be ready to serve as backup mentors, we might have a case here.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm prepared to do this with the backup
of the Scribus core members.

I notice that we would have to submit the application within two days
so time is short. I've created a GSOC profile (terry.burton at gmail.com,
terryburton) which isn't currently associated with any registered
organisations. If folk are happy to proceed then it somebody is able
to add me to the existing Scribus organisation then I'll take care of
preparing the project proposal and run it by the team before final
submission.

All the best,

Terry