[scribus-dev] GSOC 2015

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:27:41 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 1:49 AM, "Christoph Schäfer" <
christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

* UI/UX improvements: not specific enough, and currently irrelevant,
> because 1.5.0 need not be perfect, UI-wise.

We are talking about a tangible momentum-building-change in the UI that
will make it to 1.6 which is not to far off. No one is talking about
perfection. Specifics could be: implementing proposals being discussed in
the Scribus forums (that I posted recently).

* RTL/CJK: An interesting challenge would be the integration of existing
> code from the Arabic/Indian scripture teams, but it requires a reliable
> feedback mechanism.

If we get the RTL/CJK folks all talking to each other + semi-availability
of the Scribus devs (via the Dev mailing list) I'm hoping this would be a
game-changer and make Scribus more accessible to folks who use those
formats all over the world.

> * Relaunch Website: No chance to receive any funding from Google for this.
> Dennis vdW will look at it, and I think I've found someone else who might
> be willing to help.

I'm glad you're looking in to this Christoph

> * MSI installer: answered by Craig, and not worthy of a GSoC project.

Ok .. so not an MSI installer...but something.... Please, to bring 1.5svn
to more people for testing. It's shocking that Jean is the only human to my
knowledge in our known 'verse that is using 1.5svn on Windows!

Cheers,
/Kunda