[scribus-dev] "Blank" document, scribus 1.4.3

Andreas Vox andreas.vox at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 17:07:51 UTC 2014

Am 14.06.2014 um 15:30 schrieb Mika Aleksandroff:

> Joop,
>
> okay, compiling 1.5.0 from sources doesn't seem to work, seems like
> Qt5LinguistTools is missing:

> Oh and 1.5.0-svn from April seems unusable after all. It seems
> impossible to save the document without breaking it. When I re-open a
> just saved document it is broken somehow, some objects are missing,
> some have moved a little bit and so on.
>
> I can not believe it can be in so bad shape that you can't really do
> anything with, can it??  I have done the work yesterday and today on a
> file which is on a usb stick, could that cause so much problems??

I'd like to endorse Kunda's advice to file a bugreport on bugs.scribus.net and attach
the broken 1.4.3 and 1.5.0 Scribus docs. It's very unlikely that yet another Scribus
version will fix your problem, but if one of the Scribus devs can have a look at the files
they might see a simple fix.

Even if your file is broken beyond repair, we'd like to understand what caused
this issue so we can spare other people this hassle.

/Andreas