[scribus-dev] "Blank" document, scribus 1.4.3

Mika Aleksandroff mika.aleksandroff at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 13:30:25 UTC 2014

Joop,

okay, compiling 1.5.0 from sources doesn't seem to work, seems like
Qt5LinguistTools is missing:

-- Building for target i686-linux-gnu
-- Using standard ApplicationDataDir. You can change it with
-DAPPLICATION_DATA_DIR
-- ----- USE QT 5-----
-- ----- USE QT Widgets-----
-- ----- USE Qt5Gui -----
-- ----- USE QT 5 XML -----
-- ----- USE Qt5WebKit -----
-- ----- USE Qt5WebKitWidgets -----
-- ----- USE Qt5Network -----
-- ----- USE Qt5OpenGL -----
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:478 (FIND_PACKAGE):
  By not providing "FindQt5LinguistTools.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5LinguistTools", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5LinguistTools"
  with any of the following names:

    Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake
    qt5linguisttools-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5LinguistTools" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
  set "Qt5LinguistTools_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above
  files.  If "Qt5LinguistTools" provides a separate development package or
  SDK, be sure it has been installed.

Any ideas on where to find it on Mint 17/Ubuntu 14.04?

Oh and 1.5.0-svn from April seems unusable after all. It seems
impossible to save the document without breaking it. When I re-open a
just saved document it is broken somehow, some objects are missing,
some have moved a little bit and so on.

I can not believe it can be in so bad shape that you can't really do
anything with, can it??  I have done the work yesterday and today on a
file which is on a usb stick, could that cause so much problems??

.mika