[scribus-dev] "Blank" document, scribus 1.4.3

Mika Aleksandroff mika.aleksandroff at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:41:05 UTC 2014

Joop,

returning to this, as I am f****d again and would appreciate some advice..

A summary of what I've done and why..

As the document didn't work anymore with 1.4.3 (all objects invisible)
I had to switch to 1.5-svn do the final edits/repairs. The latest
scribus-trunk for Mint 15 was from January and that was so slow in
everything that I really couldn't use that. So I installed Mint 17 on
another machine and got scribus-trunk from 15th April 2014 on it. This
was usable albeit much slower than 1.4.3.

Ok, yesterday I did edits and yes, it was really flaky, couldn't
really do much actual rework for the pages but luckily all I have to
do are more or less minor edits and corrections. Saved and finished
working last night and shut the machine down.

Opened the machine and the document today and it was "blown to
pieces". Half the pages were gone, and half of the ones that were left
were more or less not where they should've been (not on pages but on
workspace next to pages)..

So right now I am trying to compile the very latest svn from sources
and keeping my fingers crossed the problem is in rendering a working
document and not that the document itself is mangled somehow beyond
repair.

My backup plan is to try and find the 1.4.4 for Mint 17 (Ubuntu
Trusty) and hope that it can open the documents I've done with 1.4.3
and only loose yesterday's work.

Any ideas what could be wrong/problem? The document in question is
about 1 MB in size, so not that big. I can probably send for
inspection if wanted.

.mika