[scribus-dev] Is there a way to show the compiled build revision # for a dev build

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jun 2 11:04:11 UTC 2014

hi kunda

>>     Where can i find the revision # that I compiled (from SVN) within
>>     Scribus UI ?
>
>     i've tried to put it in, but it does not seem possible to do (or
>     at least not practical).
>
>     more info on
>
>     http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1154.msg5438.html
>
> a.l.e,
> Thanks for your efforts here. So what does the cmake code in
> http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1154.msg5438.html#msg5438
> do? Ideally it would be awesome if there was a compile-time flag that
> we could use to trigger it if so.

as far as i recall, it sets a variable which is used at cmake time.

the patch generates a VERSION_SVN constant that shows the svn version at
the time cmake has been run.

but what you want, is the version at the time make is run...
(if, like me and most people, you are only running cmake when make fails
because of bigger stucture changes).

my conclusion at that time: it might be possible to get the information
into scribus, but the effort to get to it is imo way to high for the use
of that information...

ciao
a.l.e