[scribus-dev] Kerning text from keyboard

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Nov 14 14:53:34 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 09:12 AM, cedric.gemy at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> it seems we've been several people to ask for typography efficiency
> enhancement. We have had some discussions with Louis already, but it's
> true there should be more shortcut available for typo.
> Looking at the preferences, kerning even don't seem to be there. I'll
> try to have a look at it and see if i can do something;

I don't have an objection to doing this, but at the same time, it seems
that this relates to people getting attached to something like this, so
we end up imitating the way that InDesign does it, but not because it's
better. Would a shortcut move by 1%? 0.1%? 0.01%? You end up choosing
what may be excessively coarse or fine for any particular purpose. I
don't think that Adobe considers copying the way Scribus does something.