[scribus-dev] Kerning text from keyboard

cedric.gemy at gmail.com cedric.gemy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:13:42 UTC 2012

I guess it's nt copying indesign because xpress does it too. it's the
way we work. Once you've imported your text, set the style, do special
local formatting, you still have to do some very final text adjustment
to make it more comfortable to read. At this time glyph stretch and
kerning are the most used option. And one can work several minutes per
page doing this. having shortcuts would may be divided the time pass on
this by 3 or 4.

We always have the same thing : cezaryece is proposing a patch for
styleshortcut, which can help save hours too. The problem is not copying
a software, it is just that we need to be efficient while working and
shortcuts are a very good way to save time.

Actually scribus uses the worst option : drop down lost which are the
slowest UI options to use. I can understand we have to keep scribus
"spirit" but  i think we have to keep users in mind. And my opinion is :
a shortcut is very light in the UI. having it doesn't disturb users
habits so why being scared of them ?

cheers