[scribus-dev] Interface improvments

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jan 12 19:27:41 UTC 2012

hi peter

> My single experience in programming is "GW-Basic", so I'm afraid,
> this wouldn't be very helpful ;-)

don't let you scare away! i've seen people having submitted
patches, who didn't have *any* programming skills!
so: you have already a big advantage!

and they got accepted because they were correct!
(an example are the improvements in the context menu you get at the
crossing of the rulers...)

there are certainly tasks which are hard to program, but also some which
are doable by somebody who can read some code and do some copy paste.
(and maybe ask some questions in the irc channel or in this mailing
list!)

btw, one of the more visible tasks i have ever submitted consist in 1
char difference: it reduces the thickness of the page border from 2
pixel to one single pixel...

i'm sure you could have done it, too! :-)

but you don't have to program for scribus, if you don't want to!
we are all volunteer!

ciao
a.l.e