[scribus-dev] tables + scribus @ lgm 2012

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Apr 12 16:44:45 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 12:00 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
> I'm not sure tables needs reviewing yet... however, given I have a hunspell spell checker working
> now, I'd like to have the spell checking workflow reviewed.
>
> I'm basing the GUI on LibreOffice 3.5 for now, however I have found some serious issues with their
> implementation for now - getting some strange results at times. I am not really looking at their
> workflow though, I just took the GUI design and coded all the underneath myself with a view on the
> old aspell plugin and LibreOffice's code (that's not really compatible at all though).

There seems to be two main kinds of implementation from a GUI
perspective, spellchecking a block of text, and the other some kind of
on-the-fly checking. I am very much not a fan of autocorrection,
however, perhaps because I write material with a lot of esoteric,
technical content.

Another thing which users would I think appreciate would be
document-wide checking, i.e., checking all text frames, or at least all
on selected pages.