[scribus-dev] tables + scribus @ lgm 2012

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Thu Apr 12 17:41:33 UTC 2012

On 4/12/12 6:44 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 04/12/2012 12:00 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> I'm not sure tables needs reviewing yet... however, given I have a hunspell spell checker working
>> now, I'd like to have the spell checking workflow reviewed.
>>
>> I'm basing the GUI on LibreOffice 3.5 for now, however I have found some serious issues with their
>> implementation for now - getting some strange results at times. I am not really looking at their
>> workflow though, I just took the GUI design and coded all the underneath myself with a view on the
>> old aspell plugin and LibreOffice's code (that's not really compatible at all though).
>
> There seems to be two main kinds of implementation from a GUI perspective, spellchecking a block of
> text, and the other some kind of on-the-fly checking. I am very much not a fan of autocorrection,
> however, perhaps because I write material with a lot of esoteric, technical content.
>
> Another thing which users would I think appreciate would be document-wide checking, i.e., checking
> all text frames, or at least all on selected pages.

Yep, sure. Right now though I am trying to get it to the point of being able to replace the aspell
based checker and add those on later. Once its to that point, then we will need to check the
redistribution options within the Windows and OSX packages.

I am actually writing it for 1.4.x, with the aim of releasing with 1.4.2 with current functionality.

thanks