[scribus-dev] getting people to leave the -ng path

O. Moskalenko malex at scribus.net
Tue Jul 19 13:33:59 UTC 2011

On 7/19/11 8:34 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi
>
> are there plans to get most of the people who installed scribus-ng in
> the recent past to switch back to scribus as soon as 1.4 is released?
>
> i don't think that we want them to be automatically upgraded to 1.5.0
> as soon the new dev version is out... (except for those just doing
> covers of books with scribus...)
>
> how can it be managed?
>
> should we have 1.4 released as both scribus and scribus-ng, with an
> alert on boot stating that most user should switch back to scribus as
> soon as 1.4 is available as a stable release?
>
> or can debian and ubuntu packaging systems manage this situation?
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

Debian is a bit problematic. The arm[el] float/double/qreal debacle has
reared its ugly head again. I can't get scribus updated to 1.4 until it
builds on armel. Once that's done and scribus transitioned to 1.4 for
few weeks -ng could be changed to 1.5.0 with a big warning in the NEWS
that the package manager should show to the users.

Cheers,

Alex