[scribus-dev] getting people to leave the -ng path

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jul 19 12:34:56 UTC 2011

hi

are there plans to get most of the people who installed scribus-ng in
the recent past to switch back to scribus as soon as 1.4 is released?

i don't think that we want them to be automatically upgraded to 1.5.0 as
soon the new dev version is out... (except for those just doing covers
of books with scribus...)

how can it be managed?

should we have 1.4 released as both scribus and scribus-ng, with an
alert on boot stating that most user should switch back to scribus as
soon as 1.4 is available as a stable release?

or can debian and ubuntu packaging systems manage this situation?

ciao
a.l.e