[scribus-dev] Scribus documentation translations temporarily removed from builds

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 01:57:48 CET 2010

On 11/28/10, Louis Desjardins wrote:

> One thing I would like to see happen is the automated
> production of screenshots for any localization of Scribus. There is a need
> for such work as creating screenshots is pretty time consuming. If we
> automate the process we will help translators do their work more
> efficiently.

We in Audacity project have some C++ code for that.

Below goes quote of mail from Dam Horgan who implemented it last year.

--- snip ---

Hello all,

As you know I've been working on making screenshots scriptable. It turned out
when I started looking at this that some of what needed to be done was not
specific to screenshots, so I decided to take a slight detour to work on the
commands system. This meant it took a bit longer than I had planned, but I
think it will provide a more solid basis for allowing other areas of Audacity
to be scripted.

Here's the commit message with some explanation:

// Begin commit message //

This update provides improved structure for the commands system and adds a
command for taking screenshots. The screenshot tools dialog is modified to use
the command, and the command is made available to scripts.

The commands system now has a system of parameters which allows type-checking
and validation of data passed in by a script. This is necessary for more useful
error messages to be returned than can be provided by the batch chain system.

Each command class has a 'signature' consisting of a map from parameter name to
a 'validator' and a default value. The validator is an object which is capable
of checking that a provided value is acceptable.

Commands also now can use abstract 'output targets' which mean progress
information and status messages can be dealt with in different ways without the
commands having to be directly concerned with e.g. displaying a progress
dialog.

The screenshot command takes three parameters: CaptureMode, Background, and
FilePath. See the test script for usage examples.  The behaviour of the command
should be close to how the dialog worked - and the dialog *should* work
approximately the same as it did before. Those familiar with the previous
behaviour of the dialog might want to test it and report any regressions to
me.

One thing I did change was to comment out the contents of the OnUIUpdate
method - it caused everything to slow to a halt on my machine whenever the
screenshot tools dialog was open. There's probably a good reason for its being
there, so let me know if it should go back in.

// End commit message //

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there's one new .cpp added:
commands/ScreenshotCommand.cpp
so that will need to be added to the win & mac projects (I still need to
upgrade to VS9 - next on my list!)

Dan

--- snip ---

Not sure if it's reusable though.