[scribus-dev] OIF / text engine

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Sat Nov 27 19:59:45 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 02:13:26PM +0100, Pierre Marchand wrote:
> Hopefully the "export to image" still works in OIF branch!
> Here are 2 pages to show what the new text engine can do with arabic
> on which it would be useful to have feedback.

That's nice, Pierre! The writing is good and the font is shown very
well, but the actual words are messed up, they aren't in a meaningful
order (or may the original source is random words?) Also, is the right
alignment working well with right-to-left languages?

Please note that I'm not a publisher, and I have no experience in
using Scribus but I will be happy to perform any tests needed and give
feedbacks.

Thank you for what you do!

--
Osama Khalid
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.